Has a property damage claim you filed been denied by your insurer? Do you need the services of an insurance attorney Rhode Island? Don’t despair — you still have options if you live in Rhode Island or Massachusetts. Contact the home property damage lawyer, Richard Palumbo LLC.
The PALUMBO LAW firm routinely helps Massachusetts and Rhode Island residents, investors, business owners, and other property owners with issues relating to property damage claims against insurance companies after claims are denied or underpaid.
Property insurance is supposed to relieve the financial burden that follows a catastrophic event. Receiving a letter that a property damage claim is being underpaid or has been denied can be disastrous. But remember, the insurers are in business to make money. If you find yourself in this position, contact property insurance claim attorneys.
Homeowners buy insurance to be protected against property and casualty damage. Often even the most responsible homeowner does not have enough funds to cover any significant potential property damage. A denied property damage claim will complicate your daily life.
No one should live in an unsanitary or unsafe dwelling. If your property has been damaged due to fire, water, or a cracked foundation and your insurer has denied your claim, it’s time to get help from property insurance claim lawyers.
It is important to remember that some insurers routinely deny the first claim. They collect premiums and anticipate a low percentage of claims they don’t want to pay for. Sometimes resubmitting a claim can increase the likelihood of the claim being approved.
Here are the steps a property owner should take in the event their claim has been denied.
- Find out why your claim was underpaid or denied.
- Request the insurer provides you with a letter explaining the reason for the denial or underpayment and what damages are not being covered. Don’t be afraid to contact the insurance company if their reasons are unclear.
- Know your rights and read your insurance policy.
- A denied coverage can be the result of a misunderstanding on the part of your insurer. If you know your rights under your insurance policy, you can appeal the denied coverage by bringing any discrepancy to the attention of your adjuster.
- Document everything
- There are many cases where a lack of documentation is the cause for a denied or underpaid claim. For example, if the wind has destroyed the roof of your home, the documentation may not reveal the full range of the damage done to the insurance company’s satisfaction. Review all the documentation. Ensure you have included dates, times, any photos, and the steps you have taken to protect your property.
- Request an additional inspection.
- If you are not in agreement with your insurer’s assessment of the extent of the damages, ask for another inspection. In most cases, it will be done by a different adjuster. You can also have an independent appraisal done.
- Seek professional help.
- Most people have a disadvantage when filing a property damage claim, so hiring an insurance claim expert can help to ensure your claim is paid fairly, and you receive the maximum settlement amount.
The legal professionals at PALUMBO LAW focus primarily on fire loss, water, and property damage claim adjustments, appraisals, settlements, and litigation. The firm routinely makes insurance companies reverse wrongful denials of claims relating to fire losses, water and mold damage, and other property damage claims.
It is sometimes challenging to manage an insurance claim alone. Ensure your rights are protected by contacting Cranston RI property damage lawyers. If you live in Massachusetts, contact a Dedham MA property damage lawyer.
Even if you have already been paid for your claim, the fire loss attorneys, property damage attorneys, and water damage attorneys at PALUMBO LAW may be able to assist you. There is no fee unless successful, as the initial consultation is free. Contact PALUMBO LAW today to restore the peace of mind you desire and deserve.